03 November 2011

Camryn at 3 1/2 years!

P1000920

Since I’m blogging every day this month I may as well give an update on all of my girls. Today will be Camryn! Isn’t she a doll? I just love her beautiful blonde hair, her big brown eyes, and that picture perfect smile! She’s three and a half years old now and I can’t believe how much she’s growing up! Is she really going to go to 4K next year?! Crazy!

Here are a few things about Camryn:

1. She loves her sister Lily. She can’t say her “L” sound so it comes out as “Yiwee”. She’s a little intense in her love for Lily sometimes but for the most part she’s learning how to tone it down so she doesn’t squeeze the stuffing out of her baby sister. :)

2. She’s really starting to learn how to draw. Her fine motor skills developed a little slower than Avery’s but she can now draw a face and the letter C and a flower. She loves to scribble and then try to find shapes in what she’s drawn. “Mom! I drew my first carrot!” So fun.

3. She loves playing with Avery. It’s a long day when Avery is at school all day and when she gets home it’s all play-play-play! This has led to more difficult bedtimes lately. They used to be so good at sleeping in their bunk beds but now they keep turning on the light and playing on the top bunk! We’ll figure it out somehow.

4. Camryn has the best laugh. Or giggle, I should say! Whenever she gets really excited she’ll keep laughing this funny little laugh and it’s great.

5. Have your kids been enjoying all the Christmas toy catalogs like mine have? Camryn’s new obsession is circling every. single. toy in the catalog that is for a girl. She’s going to have a hard time narrowing down her Christmas wish list for Santa!

6. I taught our preschool group last month about manners. So one thing Camryn loves to do right now is tell everyone if they have good manners or bad manners. And then sometimes she’ll just randomly spout out things like, “If you take a toy from someone, that’s BAD manners.” :) It’s nice to see her enjoy learning new concepts.

Well that’s about all I can think of for now. She’s my sweetie, my cuddle girl, and she sure brings us so much happiness.

1 comment:

Britney said...

Great post about Camryn. I can't believe she's already 3 1/2.

You're brave to let your kids see the toy catalogs. I toss mine in the recycle bin as soon as I pull it out of the mailbox. Man, am I a mean mom, or what? :)