16 November 2011

No Boys Allowed!

About 6 or 9 months ago we got some bunkbeds on craigslist for Avery and Camryn’s room. It was interesting to move Camryn from a toddler bed to the full size bed that is the bottom bunk, but it’s worked out great. The girls love their bunk beds and overall have done pretty well sharing a room together. I thought I’d finally post some pictures of their room.
P1010056
That’s about the cleanest it’s ever been so I had to take a picture! “Aver” loves her top bunk (not sure where the Y went in her name on the wall). The wooden valence on top of the window is a perfect little nightstand for her.
P1010057 
There’s the other side of the room, complete with the painting I did a year and a half or so ago. Do you like those book shelves? Here’s a closer look:
P1010059
I bought those four shelves at IKEA. They’re technically spice racks but I saw this idea to use them for forward facing bookshelves on a blog a while back. They were only $3.99 each. Score! I love them and I think they really add some color to the room plus make the girls more excited about reading their books. I could paint them but I kind of like them basic for now. Of course now I want to go back and buy like 5 more of these shelves – some for Lily’s room and one for my kitchen, etc.

By the way, it was so easy to hang them all straight with this tip I saw on pinterest: You put a dot of toothpaste on the back where the nail goes in and then hold the shelf (or picture) up to the wall where you want it to go, get it straight, and then tap it on the wall. There will be a little toothpaste mark exactly where the nail goes. Make a hole with the nail, wipe off the toothpaste from the wall and the back of the shelf and voila! Perfectly straight shelves.

I hope you enjoyed a little peek into my girls room. Definitely no boys allowed. :)

1 comment:

Britney said...

I'm crazy about those IKEA spice racks made into bookshelves.

I also like the toothpaste tip. Great ideas!