28 November 2011

Mondays

Do you dread Mondays? I love them. Especially after a long weekend like this one has been. Having all five of us at home all day makes the house very disorganized and even when we all do a quick pick up here and there, the house just needs a break sometimes! So on Mondays I literally spend the entire day putting the house in order. I do all the dishes, all the laundry (and try to fold and put most of it away), I clean out the fridge of leftovers, make my grocery list, go grocery shopping, and just generally put things in their right places – this last job can take hours alone. And of course whatever else I see needs to be done. The result – a tired me at the end of the day, but it’s worth it because then I have minimal work the rest of the week. I finish putting the laundry away on Tuesday and then don’t think about it again until Friday or Saturday. The rooms are easy to pick up when they start out somewhat in order.

Today I also squeezed in an hour to make a receiving blanket for a baby shower gift for a shower I’m going to tomorrow night. Luckily Lily took two long naps today so I was able to get a lot done.

For some reason I have a different kind of momentum on Mondays. A couple weeks ago I decided to go to playgroup at a museum instead of doing my usual Monday routines. It was extremely detrimental to the rest of my week! Although I did wash all the laundry, I didn’t get it all folded and put away even a week later. I was behind on the dishes constantly, and my house just felt like a depressing mess all week. So I definitely avoid doing anything fun on Monday mornings. Do you have a similar routine on Mondays or is it a different day of the week for you – Saturdays, perhaps? I think Mondays work best for me because I’m kind of a control freak and so when it’s just me and Cam and Lil at home I can reconquer the house again on my own.

I think I will sleep well tonight. Happy Monday to you.

2 comments:

Britney said...

Wow, I envy your productivity! Right now I'm dividing things up- laundry on Monday, shopping on Wednesday, chores on Friday (and Saturday). But I'm constantly changing up my routine in hopes of stumbling across that illusive, most efficient schedule of all schedules. Maybe yours is that! :)

Unknown said...

Growing up Monday was always my mom's cleaning day. We could never have friends over or go anywhere because we had to help. Now Mondays are my cleaning days too. I feel like it starts the week off right if I have a clean house.

I try to do all the laundry on Monday but inevitably the last 1 or 2 loads never leave the laundry room and we end up picking clothes from the dryer. They never even make it to their drawers. I hate putting laundry away!!