29 November 2011

4 months!

My little Lilykins is 4 months old today! I can't believe it. She's so sweet and wonderful and I've loved every minute of the last 4 months with her! Sometimes when I look at her I get that deja vu feeling. I wonder if it's because she looks like my other babies or if I remember her from heaven. :) My friend Jen always calls her "cherubic." She really is an angel!

So this is what's new with Lily:
- She rolled over one time!! A couple Sundays ago I put her on her side on the floor and she rolled herself over onto her tummy. Then I put her on her back and she rolled all the way over all by herself. However, ever since then she won't even roll over when I help her onto her side. So it was kind of a fluke.
- She spits up quite a bit. I don't think she has reflux though because she's not bothered by the spitting up, but man we sure do clean up spit up a lot.
- I'm not sure exactly how much she weighs yet (doctor appointment is on Thursday) but I think it's around 16-16.5lbs. We've moved into size 3 diapers already because she was having a blowout pretty much every morning in size 2's. I've been tempted to pull out her 6-9 month clothes but I decided to wait another week or two. Her 3-6 month clothes are fitting nice and snug now!
- She's eating about every 2.5-3 hours and takes 2-3 naps a day. Sometimes she'll wake up in the middle of a nap but I can get her back to sleep usually, so she's doing longer naps for me that way. At night she sleeps from about 8-1 and 1-5:30 and sometimes she'll be up for the day at 5:30, which is not my favorite idea. Most days she'll go back to sleep until 7:30, though.
- I wouldn't say that she's full on teething yet but I can see her drooling increasing and I can see her teeth coming down. I think with my other girls I could tell when the teeth were coming soon because the front of their shirts was constantly wet with drool. We're not there quite yet.
- She loves attention and will be all smiles and giggles with you if you talk to her. Lately I've seen her laughing at Camryn, which is new because Camryn is usually too crazy to calmly giggle and coo with her.
- She really loves toys right now. Anything she can get in her mouth. Rattles and the like. I gave her one of my silicone spatulas the other day and she was in heaven chewing on that.

We love our sweetie and can't wait to see what the next four months bring!

2 comments:

Britney said...

Cute, cute pictures. I can't believe she's already four months old. Where does the time go?

Ali said...

She is so sweet (and she outweighs Amelia by a good 1 or 2 lbs. seriously). I love her cheeks! It's so great that you got such a mellow, good-sleeping baby!