25 November 2011

Wiped Out!

Wow, I'm exhausted! The past few days really wore us out. On Wednesday I did a bunch of prep work for Thanksgiving dinner. Thursday morning was cooking and getting everyone ready to go, then we went over to my aunt and uncle's home from about 12-7pm. Yummy food, football and movies, lots of coloring for the kids. It was great. When we got home and put the kids to bed we then had to figure out if there was anything we wanted to buy on Black Friday. Most of the stores opened at midnight this year and since part of Merrick's job is checking out Kohl's competitors on Black Friday, he went out to observe and join in the madness! He was gone from 12-4:30. He called and texted a few times to give me updates, which I was barely coherent enough to understand. There were a few doorbusters at Target I wanted him to grab for me and that involved him standing in the world's longest line from 2:30-3:30am! Poor guy.

I got about 6 hours of sleep and then Lily woke me up at 6:30. She went back to sleep luckily but Avery woke up a few minutes later so I was up. I got dressed and told Avery to wake up Daddy when Lily woke up and I left to go do a little shopping of my own. I went to JoAnn Fabric, of all places, actually. They were having a killer deal that was perfect for a project I'm working on. I got 3 1/3 yds of snuggle flannel fabric for $5. Plus a few other things. Sweet deal. And it wasn't even too busy. So I was back home in an hour and everyone was up but Merrick was ready to go back to bed. So he went back to sleep for a couple more hours.

Around 1pm I decided to run down to the mall to get some $15 jeans from Old Navy. I knew it would be crazy there and it was! The store was a mess, I barely found the size I needed, and I had to wait in a 20 minute line to check out. But it worked out. I probably should have shopped some more at the mall but I was tired and Lily was going to be hungry soon so I just went home. And I was sooo exhausted then! When I put Lily down for a nap at 3:30 I slept for an hour too.

I felt better after that but guess who fell asleep watching TV at 7:30pm? Yep, Merrick.

All that baking and eating and shopping wears me out. Does it wear you out too? I'm sure glad Thanksgiving is on a Thursday so we have a long weekend to recover! Hopefully I'll get some good rest tonight so I can gather the energy to decorate for Christmas tomorrow!

1 comment:

Britney said...

I'm impressed that you went out and did black Friday shopping after Merrick got back.

Hope you can rest up today!