26 November 2011

It’s beginning…

… to look a lot like Christmas!
P1010137
Yes, we put up the tree today. I think this may be a record for the earliest Merrick has let me put up the Christmas tree. But it seems like this Christmas season is just going to fly by for some reason and I just can’t wait for it to begin!
We thought about forgoing our traditional star atop the tree and instead placing an angel on top….
P1010134
… but we figured the star was a safer bet. :)
We also started a new tradition – Elf on the Shelf. Have you heard of it? It’s kind of big right now and super fun for kids.
2838_1433_large
You buy the book and elf doll, and when you name your elf he gets his magic and he turns into a scout elf for Santa, always watching the kids to see if they’re naughty or nice. He goes to the North Pole to report every night and then returns to a new place in your house. Sometimes the elves do silly/mischievous things! We’ve done it three days now and the kids love it! Avery came up with the name Doodle for him and we liked it. I’ll do a post soon showing some of the places he’s shown up each day. It’s a fun idea and not too late to start this tradition in your family for the holiday season. :)

I hope the beginnings of your Christmas season are great too!

1 comment:

heidi678 said...

Ooo...I want to get an elf on the shelf..what a cute idea! By the way...I have been loving reading all of your blog posts this month. Keep up the good work. I'm amazed at how dedicated you are to it.