23 November 2011

Latest Projects

I love a good project. I’ve had several that I’ve been working on lately. First of all, I’ve been making felt flower hair clips.

P1010101

Last year I participated in a bow exchange where we each made 20 of the same bow and then swapped so everyone got 20 different bows. We’re doing it again this year and this is what I’m making. I got the idea from this tutorial. I’ve got about 23 of the 27 made so far! Here it is in Camryn’s hair:

P1010102

Another thing I made this week is a tin advent calendar. One of my friends was making one and she offered to order materials for anyone else who wanted to make one too and I definitely wanted in. She got the idea from here.

P1010094

Mine isn’t as cute as the one on the blog but I just don’t have as many crafty buttons and glitters. I like how it turned out though. They’re little tins that have super strength magnets on the back. Camryn has LOVED playing with these on the fridge. I haven’t filled them yet but I’m thinking I’ll put Christmas activities in some (like “Go look at Christmas lights” or “Sing a Christmas carol”) and candies in others. Let me know if you have any other ideas of what I could put inside.

We also had a family homework project we did for Avery’s kindergarten class. We were given a brown turkey and we had to give him/her a disguise so that they wouldn’t get eaten on Thanksgiving. We decided to give him a Jessie (from Toy Story) disguise. I already had the fabric scraps from Camryn’s Jessie costume last year so it was a cinch.

P1010109

And then of course I’ve been getting things ready for Thanksgiving. We’re going over to my aunt and uncle’s house. It’s so nice to have family nearby for holidays! Since it’s just me and my aunt cooking this year I get to make more than I normally do. So I made my favorite caramel apple pie (below), and I’m also making stuffing, sweet potatoes, and rolls.

P1010108

I’m also going to try to recreate this veggie tray. I’ll take a pic when I’m done to show you how it went.

You may be wondering how I’m doing all these fun things with an almost-4-month-old…? Lily has been doing a lot of this:

P1010099

We got this exersaucer from a friend at church who was getting rid of it. Lily loves it! Well, at least for 20-30 minutes and then she can’t wait to get out of it, haha! We’ve found that it’s also very useful for keeping her “regular”- not so useful in keeping the back of her clothes clean, though, if you know what I mean. :)

So that’s my craftiness lately. What have you been up to?

4 comments:

Devan, Erin, Adeline, Milo & Ollie said...

Ha ha, we jokingly always called our exersaucer the "poopersaucer" because it definitely does have that effect! I love your daily posts, keep it up!!

Lindsey said...

I love looking at all your fun ideas! Lily is such a cutie! Hope you guys are doing well :)

Britney said...

You are amazing! I love to see the projects you're working on.

Happy thanksgiving to you! Wish you were here.

The Harkers said...

Your calendar turned out cute! I wish we had started them sooner so we could get together and share all of our papers/embellishments. Next time! Let me know if you are planning on any cool crafts in the future, I am always looking for something fun! :)