Lily Amelia Smith was born today at 2:49pm. She was 10 days late so we got induced this morning. A couple of quick facts:
- weight: 10 lb 4 oz
- length: 21 1/2"
- good amount of brown hair
- lots of chunky rolls!
Oh and I'm quite proud because I was able to have her without pain meds! It was wild there at the end but she came out sooo fast- the doctor only had one glove on! Despite some meconium and shoulder distocia she was perfectly fine and healthy!
Avery and Camryn love their little sister and we're excited to be a family of five now! :) pictures and more to come later.
8 comments:
Congratulations and way to go!
Wow! I'm very impressed that you made it through an induced labor and shoulder dystocia without pain meds. (did you use the Gaskin maneuver to get the baby loose?) Congratulations!
CONGRATS! What lucky big sisters! And what a big ole' girl! I can't believe you went 10 days over. Good luck getting adjusted to three. Wish we were closer to take the girls and play while you recover.
I'm so excited for you! That's so late - I was expecting this announcement so long ago. :) Looking forward tomeeting her and seeing you and the other girls soon!
Holy Moly! She was HUGE! But I guess that's expected after 10 long days overdue :) Don't these third babies know they are supposed to come EARLY?
Congrats to you all!!! And you have my ultimate respect for going pain-med free with a 10 pounder! Hope things are going well:)
Congratulations! Wow... No pain meds for a 10lb-er? You are a rock-star!
Congrats! GO YOU!!! you are so amazing! (frankly, birthing a 10 lber is enough to warrant amazing status, but you did it without pain meds and with being induced?!? You rock). She's beautiful--look at all that sweet hair! Oh, and props on the cute outfit (loved that on our Amelia) and cutest middle name ever :) Love you guys and miss you!
Post a Comment