27 July 2009

Groundhog day...

Oh. My. Gosh.

I just figured out who/what has been eating my plants.
Just after finishing my post on my missing lettuce garden I went outside with Avery, considered putting the brick rock back into its spot again, decided against it for now, and stepped off the back step when we heard a rustling noise in the bushes. Something big and furry started racing towards up. I quickly picked up Avery, moved away from the step, and watched in fear. Was I going to get bitten by this animal? What was happening?!!

Instead of eating me alive, the animal dashed into the space under the step. And did not come out. We waited a couple seconds, I calmed down Avery and then she said she wanted to go inside. I did too.

Of course I got online and searched through some pictures to confirm that what we saw was a groundhog, closely resembling this one.

I have a groundhog living under my backstep. What the heck do I do now? (Besides be freaked out to leave the house).

4 comments:

Britney said...

Whoa! What a surprise that must've been. At least you know who's been eating your lettuces and nibbling on your green tomatoes!

PS- I think I've been reading too many children's books lately, because that last sentence immediately me think of Beatrix Potter... Tiddly, widdly, how will The Tale of the Gluttonous Groundhog end??

Jenni Elyse said...

Well, on the bright side, you figured out what's going on. I just don't know what to tell you to do now. Can the animal services or whatever they're called come and get it? Good luck!

Tams Family said...

Ahhh! Good luck. I'm glad that you found out what it was.

Britney said...

Any update on G-hog??