26 June 2009

Pie #2- Peach Pie


I know that National Peach Pie day isn't until August 24th but Peach Pie was Merrick's second pie request for my 1 pie a month for 6 months. I wish I had waited to do this one until the peaches were in season because the peaches I got were although fresh, not the best. At least I took some pictures this time.


A good tip I learned in the process: The easiest way to peel your peaches is to cut a small X in the skin on the bottom of the peach. Then stick 2-3 in a pot of boiling water for 30-60 seconds until the skin starts curling up. Take them out, put in a bowl of ice water, and then the peels just come right off. However, if your peaches aren't ripe this won't work!

I won't give you my recipe this time because I just grabbed a general peach pie recipe that you can get out of any standard cookbook. Mine used 2 T of dry quick cooking tapioca as the secret ingredient.
Yay for pies!

1 comment:

Britney said...

Bravo, again! It looks delicious!!