20 March 2009

Fun Year Old!


We had a great day yesterday celebrating Camryn's birthday. She woke up early at 6:30am, dying to see her cake and open her presents right? :) Well we did end up opening most of the presents before Merrick left for work. I just didn't think they'd stay unwrapped until 5pm. We did a Tinkerbell theme for her party. It was cute and easy to find lots of stuff. She got lots of fun toys, clothes, a book, some cards, etc. Avery helped her open the presents. We left a few but at about 9:00am I hear paper ripping and Avery had opened up one of Camryn's presents. Oh well!

Merrick left work a little early and we went to Chuck E Cheese. Avery almost immediately got lost in the overhead tube tunnel. We couldn't find her anywhere so we finally realized she had to be in there somewhere and then we saw her. She didn't know how to get out! We spent ten minutes trying to direct her to an exit to no avail and finally a kid helped her get almost there and then Merrick crawled in partway to rescue her. We were exhausted before we even started playing games!

Camryn had fun there - she ate the pizza and rode some of the little kid stuff. I think she was just excited to be out and about seeing new sights. We stayed there way too long so we were all really tired by the time we left. We got home and Camryn "blew" out her tinkerbell candle with mine and Avery's help.

I had too many pictures so I made a slideshow. Enjoy!


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Your girls are so adorable!

Britney said...

What a great slideshow! And how fun that you were able to go to Chuck E. Cheese's.

I always get worried when Stephen and Emily go up in the tunnels at the McDonald's play place. Just last week I had to go ALL the way up to the top to rescue Emily. Talk about claustrophobia!

Camy looks so grown up in those pictures. Glad she had a fun 1st birthday.

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday to Camryn!!
Looks like she had a great birthday!