10 March 2009

Caught Red Cheeked

Avery is a champion mess maker. She loves to destroy things, and fast. Today she emptied every book, toy, and stuffed animal in her room onto the floor in less than 2 minutes flat. Instant disaster! Here's another example:

She put her booster seat on top of the closed toilet, used a dining room chair for a footrest and unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper and when I found her like this she said, "It's just my seatbelt!" She was pretending to drive a car. Hey, at least she knows her safety rules.
Sidenote: To clean that mess up, I ended up just shoving all that TP into the cupboard under the bathroom sink to deal with later. A few days pass and when I come home from the gym, Merrick tells me he wants to show me something. We go into the bathroom and see all that paper ripped into tiny pieces and scattered all over the bathroom floor. Apparently Camryn had her own heydey while he was distracted! Guess who got to clean that one up too? :) Well, "come what may and love it" right?

5 comments:

Britney said...

Oh, dear. What toy could be more fun than a new roll of toilet paper? :)

You wrote that story very well, Vaness. Very clever.

The Piepers said...

Ha ha! What a big mess!! I usually just stuff all the TP back around the tp roll, close the door, and still use it! :) She was pretty creative though, you have to admit.

Justin and Coralie said...

Kids are disastrous...

But she's just so cute anyway. Somehow all of this is worth it.

Kevin and Rachel said...

So funny! I love how she said it was her seat belt. Where do they come up with this crazy stuff??

Keith and Nicci said...

I shouldn't laugh, but I am. But only because I'm going through the same stuff myself!