27 March 2009

A few of my favorite things!

I'm taking this idea from my sister Britney. Here are a few of my favorite things lately:

1. American Idol. I've been faithfully watching all season but it's starting to get down to the really good stuff. I think all of the guys are awesome, except Scott (sorry). Lil and Allison are good at times, but they'll have to step it up to stay in. It's only a matter of time for Megan, in my opinion. But really, I think they have an awesome group and I really enjoy watching. Several years ago I would have been embarrassed to say it was my favorite show but this year I'm really proud of what they're doing.


2. Homemade pizza. About 6-7 months ago I started making homemade pizza regularly almost every Friday night. I love it! It's fun, I can make a double batch of sauce and dough ahead of time and freeze them so 3/4 of the time I'm just assembling. Plus it really curbs our Friday night desire to go out to eat.




3. Enchanted. We checked this movie out from the library last week and Avery loved it! We actually went to see it Thanksgiving 2007 when it came out but I wanted to see it again, and Avery LOVED it! I was surprised because like 85% of it is not a cartoon, but she has been really into princess movies lately so it totally appealed to her. We watched it like every day for 5 days straight ("Giselle! Let's watch Giselle, Mommy!"). I really like musicals like this and very much enjoyed watching it with her.




4. iPod Touch. We got one of these for Christmas and it has been so nice! Not only can I listen to music on it, but now checking my email, my Google Reader, and Facebook is only a touch away! Merrick has also loaded a bunch of games on there to appease his desire for a gaming console or new computer game. One of the games he's loaded is called Whack-'Em and it's like those arcade games where you bop the weasel on the head when it comes out of the holes. Anyways, Avery loves it! So funny to see her playing an ipod game.
5. Free stuff. This past year I've been enjoying the benefits of being a Freebies4Mom reader and so I've been getting 2-5 free samples in my mailbox consistently every week. I've also been getting the Sunday newspaper for 6 months and have been matching my coupons with sales to get free stuff at the grocery store. This week I got free salad dressing, not to mention all my great steals. The biggest "freebie" I've gotten recently was actually through Merrick's connection at work. I got to participate in a stroller test for cookiemag.com and I got a free evenflo travel system out of it!

3 comments:

Tams Family said...

Way to go on the freebies. I love getting good deals and free stuff. And we are big fans of Giselle around here too. My boys love it.

dani and fam said...

wow! a stroller combo?! that's amazing. congrats and viva the freebees!

Britney said...

Your homemade pizza is so fantastic, it deserves its own post entirely. What a great Friday night tradition.

I want to be like you!