25 March 2008

Sisterly Love

Avery loves her little sister. She loves to "hold her" and whenever Camryn cries she says "Oh no, baby sad!" She will often bring me the baby's binky if she's crying and she loves to help me with diaper changes. She even puts the messy diapers in the trash all by herself! :) The only thing she's competitive with is the Boppy pillow, actually. She likes to lay in it and gets jealous when I use it or when Camryn is sitting in it. Kind of silly.
Well we love our little girls and are glad that Avery is doing so well adjusting to having a baby around the house.

5 comments:

Justin and Coralie said...

They are too cute together! I'm glad she's loving the new baby. Have you ever read, "Julius, the baby of the world" by Kevin Henkes? It's one of our favorite children's books. I always wonder if that's how it will be when baby #2 comes around. The big sister loves the baby when her mom is pregnant, but doesn't want anything to do with him after he's born. (Don't worry - it changes!). It's really cute. I hope you're feeling well. I'm glad Avery is doing so well as a big sister!

The Reynolds Family said...

Congrats! I'm super excited for you guys and glad everything went so smoothly!

Tyler V said...

Ahhh! That is the best about having a second--when your first is as in love with the 2nd as you are! Something about your kids really loving each other is one of the most amazing parenthood things I've found yet! Can't WAIT to see you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Merrick and Vanessa
She is darling!!!! I'm so happy for you guys... Miss seeing you.. I'm so glad that Austin works here so I can keep track of you... Hope things are going good .love Faye also, this is Juliet. WE MISS YOU GUYS!!!! but we love austin so it's okay.

Jenni Elyse said...

So cute! I love seeing small kids together like that. It just melts my heart!