Today was Camryn’s much anticipated Minnie Mouse birthday party! Her birthday is Monday but Avery had the day off of school today so I thought it worked out nicely to do it today.
I’ve spent the last week or so getting things ready and we had a really fun time. There were 8 kids ages 2-5 and Merrick was kind enough to come home during his lunch break to be my helper. :)
So here are some pictures I took of the decorations before the kids arrived.
I bought black plates and taped on some black cardstock to make them look like Mickey ears. Each kid got Minnie or Mickey ears that I made and a cup that they got to take home and re-use.
I made chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and used regular and mini Oreos to make the Minnie head shape. I just piped on the bows as best I could. I was thinking of making little mini fondant bows but I’m glad I didn’t. These took 30 seconds to pipe on and they looked just fine.
Here’s a little banner I made up with some extra materials I had.
Then I took a round platter and a round plate outside and made these chalk Mickey heads all over the driveway for the kids to color in when we were done. Easy.
I forgot to take pictures of all the goody bags I made up but here’s one of the girls ones. The boys were red and just had a Mickey head with no bow. Simple and cute!
Oh and here is the invitation I made (with the bottom cropped off so you don’t all see my address!)
So then the party began with coloring Minnie coloring pages. Apparently my girls are the only ones interested in coloring. All the other kids just scribbled for 10 seconds and said they were done, haha!
Then we played Pin the Bow on Minnie. I just painted this big Minnie head on some purple cardboard I had and cut out pink bows for them to stick on. It was pretty fun actually.
Then we played “Minnie Says” and then we did a little scavenger hunt. I hid all these 2” Mickey heads I cut out all over the room and I just had them find them all. They seemed to like it and it was super easy.
We served a little lunch for the kids. I got Mickey shaped chicken nuggets from Costco, “Bow”tie pasta with alfredo sauce, and all of Camryn’s favorite fruits – cantaloupe, green apples, and strawberries. Oh and I randomly found these Minnie sugar cookies marketed as Easter cookies. I kinda had to get them.
Anyways the kids ate really quietly and really well! It was great!
Then we played musical carpet squares to the “Minnies Bowtoons” theme song, and decorated some Mickey Mouse shaped wands with stickers and glitter glue.
The kids really just wanted the cupcakes, though. :)
After that it was presents and that was pretty intense! We had to hurry the kids outside after that to enjoy the beautiful 65 degree day and color in those chalk Mickeys.
It was a fun hour and a half! But I’m exhausted and that’s why I’m blogging about it already – I’d rather just sit here on the couch and blog while the girls play with all of Camryn’s new toys!
Lily slept the entire party, which was a blessing. She has been loving crawling around and playing with the balloons and sucking on the new toys though.
4 comments:
What an adorable birthday party! I love those cupcakes you made.
A-mazing, Vanessa.
You should be a professional party planner, seriously. I'd be your first client. :)
Happy Birthday Camryn!
We love you!
from Aunt Brenda and all the rest!
Wow! What a wonderful blog showing this party. Times have really changed since I gave a child's party. You are awesome. (This is from your children's great great Aunt Sharon Haws Jewkes)
Post a Comment