On Tuesday Avery had a music concert at her school. It was so fun to go and see her singing and doing all the hand motions for so many songs. The theme was Dr. Seuss because they went on a field trip to see Seussical, Jr. in January. They learned some of the songs and incorporated it into their classroom learning.
I can’t believe how grown up Avery is getting! She started teaching Camryn and me some of the songs before the concert. So fun to hear her singing and humming them all the time. I took a short video of my favorite song they sang, “Anything’s Possible.”
5K has been such a fantastic year for Avery so far. She has learned so much, her teacher is outstanding and very encouraging of her, she is one of the top readers in her class so she has a 5th grade reading buddy/tutor to help her, and she has made some really good friends. The other day she came home and said, “Jenna told me that I’m her BFF. And she’s my BFF too.” The whole afternoon I think she said BFF like 50-60 times, haha. So silly. It kind of scares me, though, in a way. She’s gone to school 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and I have no control over what she absorbs! I just have to do the best I can while she’s home to teach her good things, I guess.
I sure love this girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment