28 March 2012

4 Years… (or 48 Months!)

P1010741

My sweet Camryn Olivia turned 4 years last week! Sometimes she asks me how many months she is (because Lily is still young enough to be X many months old, instead of years), so I told her 48 months. That’s a lot of months!

I wanted to write a little bit about her at this stage of her life.

- She prefers to be called Camryn now, if you ask her. But a lot of people still call her Camy. I usually call her Cam or Cam-boo or Camryn. Now that she knows how to write her name, she saw someone write it Camy and she thought they had just spelled her name wrong! :)

- She’s a lightweight. I am taking her to her 4 year old well check up tomorrow but I would be surprised if she weighed more than 32 lbs. She keeps asking for a big girl car seat like Avery but it will be quite a while before she is 40 lbs! She’s also kind of short for her age, which is different for us because Avery (and now Lily too) has always been pretty tall for her age.

- She is a picky eater, which partly contributes to her lightweight status! She has a list of probably 30 foods that she eats and rarely adds to that list (unless it’s a new treat, those are usually fun to try). She likes strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, carrots, apples, pears, sometimes bananas, hot dogs, sometimes chicken nuggets, and the rest of her diet is mostly carbs. We’re working on it though! If she tries 10 new foods, she gets to go to Chuck E. Cheese with her BFF. She’s tried 4 and we’ve been working on it for about 2 months!

- She loves to sing. We got a CD from her Primary class that has all of the songs they are learning this year on it and she asks me to put it on for her almost every day. She’ll just stand there and sing along for quite a while.

- She knows her letters and is slowly learning how to write and draw. She’s pretty good at counting. Probably much better than Avery was at this age since she’s been around while we’ve been teaching Avery. The other day in the car Avery and Camryn counted back and forth all the way to 100, just for fun.

- She’s a smart girl. She loves talking about what day of the week it is (Tuesday is her favorite day – it’s when she has preschool), loves checking her clothes to see what size they are (and is so proud of herself when she fits into something 4T!), and is always asking me questions. She loves checking off to-do lists too.

- Camryn is not scared of dogs, like Avery is, but we recently took her swimming and she was really freaked out by that. Time to get her in swimming lessons! Sometimes she surprises me with how brave she is and other times she puts on this super shy face. One of my friends described her shy face by saying, “Sometimes I’m afraid if I talk to her she’s just going to melt!” :)

- She is my good helper, has definitely learned how to be a good big sister over the past 8 months since Lily was born. And she loves playing with Avery. It’s a long 8 hours for us when Avery is at school every day!

Well that’s my Camryn right now. She had a lovely birthday and when I asked her what she wanted to do on her birthday, she said, “Turn 4!” She is so proud to be four years old.

P1010750

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! She's a big girl now. I love hearing about all her little quirks. Cute pics too!

Christina said...

So cute, it blows my mind that she's 4. I've never even met her, but feel like I know her because of your blog. Your girls are so beautiful!