25 January 2012

“A Very” Good Writer!

Kindergarten has been so great for Avery. She LOVES to learn and absorbs a lot. Her reading has improved a lot, as well as her handwriting. My favorite thing that she has learned this year, though, has been her writing skills.

Rather than correcting the kids on spelling errors, her teacher encourages Avery to sound words out and do the best she can. This inspires confidence and just gets the kids writing. Some of her spellings are very creative but she’s learning a lot. When she first started out she left out all the vowels but now she can figure out a lot of them.

So at the beginning of December, she made up this list of Fun Things to Do all by herself. When she showed it to me I took a picture because it was so great!

P1010186

Translation:

Fun Things to Do:

- Paint Pictures

- Draw Pictures

- Watch a movie in the basement

- Play outside

- Play Go Fish

- Cuddle with Dad

- Eat a snack

- Eat an orange

- Play Dollhouse

Not bad huh? I loved it. Such a great stage. Pretty soon her spelling errors will dwindle so I wanted to capture the cuteness before she got too smart for her own good! :)

P1010187

1 comment:

Britney said...

She's such a smarty. And so sweet. I love that she put "cuddle with Dad" on her to do list.