04 January 2012

Last minute trip!

So as I mentioned in my last post, I kept feeling like I needed to get all of my Christmas preparations done early. It was a good thing I did! I flew out to Utah on December 18th with Lily and we decided in a quick decision to have Merrick drive out later with Avery and Camryn so we could all be in Utah for the holidays! Whew! So I had basically two days to pack myself and Lily up for our flight, wrap all our Christmas presents and box them up, do all the laundry in the house, grocery shop for Merrick while I was gone plus snacks and things to do for his trip, get library books for the trip, and make a bunch of lists for him to be able to pack the car up himself, etc. etc. I was so stressed and exhausted!! But everything got done and I was able to get on the plane and relax.

I actually met up with my sister Britney in Minneapolis and we flew from there to SLC together. It was a quick flight being able to fly with my sister!! We had a great time chatting away and being just us plus Lily, who did quite well on the flights. After the funeral we spent one night at my Haws grandparents house in Salt Lake. It was a nice visit and it was fun watching my Grandpa Haws interact with Lily.

P1010221
She got one of his famous horsey rides, that pretty much every grandchild and great grandchild of my Grandpa has gotten multiple times! They loved her and everyone kept telling me I had such a good baby and that made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. Plus I think her chubby cheeks got kissed by so many different people on this trip it’s a wonder she didn’t catch something!
The next day, Britney flew back to Iowa and I went up to Bountiful to spend a few days with my in-laws. Merrick drove out on Tuesday and got there Wednesday afternoon. Everything went smoothly on his drive – 21 hours with just him and my two sweet girls! The only hiccup was Avery getting carsick at one point but she amazingly threw up in a plastic bag and kept it all contained! That was lucky – it could have been a big mess!
While at the Smith’s house I decided to make some sugar cookies and the girls decorated them for me with frosting and fruit snacks. :)
P1010223
P1010224
On Friday we went down to my parents house they were renting in Orem and waited anxiously to hear some news from my sister Ashley! She was in labor at Timpanogos Hospital having her first baby. After a long labor she finally gave birth at 4am on Christmas Eve to Rose Margaret Wells. She was a teeny tiny 7 lb 0 oz! It was so fun to be there to see her and when I held her it felt like holding a cloud, she was so light! She was so beautiful and perfect!
P1010227
It was a great first week of our trip! I’ll blog about the second week we were out of town very soon!

1 comment:

Britney said...

I love those pictures of the girls decorating cookies. So cute.