I am in love with online sewing tutorials lately. They are so easy to follow with the pictures and there are an endless amount of ideas. I found this tutorial here. It uses sturdy home decor fabric so that you don't have to line it. This was a good project for me because it was really easy but I got to switch sewing needles on my machine (which I never do), it taught me how to do a french seam (which is really cool), and it involved a lot of triple stitching to make the bag sturdier (which I've never done before).

When I was in fifth grade I did homeschool for a year with my older sister and my Granny had us come over once a week to do sewing projects. One thing we did was a tote bag, so I reminsced of those days when I was sewing this. This bag is the perfect size for library books, grocery shopping, and more! I'm excited to use it.
5 comments:
So cute! I love your fabric!
Awesome tote! And I'm impressed you finished it in just one morning.
I totally made the same bag using the same tutorial. It was such a great tutorial and I LOVE that bag. I use it for the library and the pool during the summer. Love it! Once again, wish we were doing these things together.
Such a darling fabric to use!! Cute bag, too.
That turned out so good. I need to make one of those. Thanks for the inspiration.
Post a Comment