07 March 2010

It was a Zoo!

Now I know where they get that expression, "That place was such a zoo!" Because yesterday we went to our first Free Zoo Day at the Milwaukee County Zoo and it got pretty crazy busy by the time we headed out of there. But we had a fun time. The weather was great - which means 38-40 degrees and we still had to wear hats and gloves most of the time, but it was definitely the warmest day of the year so far.

I think my favorite moment of the day was when Camryn started calling the seals "mermaids". So cute and not too far off right?

"Don't throw me in with the kangaroos, Dad!"
Camryn's second close encounter with this Cheetah.
Avery overlooking a mountain goat.

It was nice to finally get out of the house and do something fun enough to take pictures of. Most of our excursions lately have been exciting trips to Walmart or the fabric store. :) We're ready for spring! But... since we live in Wisconsin, I guess we'll just have to take advantage of the few 40 degree days thrown in here and there.

No comments: