
I haven't done a post about the girls in a while so I thought I'd give a brief update.
Avery is 3 1/2 now. She recently learned how to do an excellent somersault and she does them all the time. Avery started her first swimming lessons a few weeks ago. We're doing a parent/child class with her to start with and she's been making great improvements every week.In addition to her co-op preschool once a week, she's also been going to a 3-5 year old storytime at the library every week. I get to drop her off and go read for a half hour, and she gets some good practice for school next year. Speaking of school, she's all registered for 4K next year and I'm very excited for her. She's such a smart girl. We've been practicing her writing a lot. She likes it when I write out a worksheet of 8-10 words and she'll copy down the words herself. She's finally gotten into the "WHY?" stage. I usually only have patience for 3-4 "why" questions in a row. Example:
"Why are you making a sandwich, Mom?" - "Because I'm hungry."
"Why are you hungry?" - "Because I haven't eaten in a while."
"Why haven't you eaten in a while?"... you get the picture. :)
Camryn is almost 2 years old! Her birthday is this month and we've already started getting things ready for her Dora party. Yay! Camryn has learned to talk SO WELL lately. She's just full of cute little phrases. "Good morning Daddy", "What you doing, Mommy?", "Avery hit me", "Watch Buzzy again?" "Where's Camy's coat?", "Bye Avery. See you later!", "Go away, Mommy!", "Wait, guys!"The things that come out of her tiny little girl mouth just crack us up sometimes. She also loves to sing and is better at following the tune than knowing all the words, but it's so cute to hear her humming familiar songs all day. Her favorite show right now is "Toy Story 2". We got it from the library and she requested to watch it every day for two or three weeks! (That's where the "Watch Buzzy again" comes from.) She can sit and watch pretty much the whole thing. She loves do give kisses now, which I love. And she loves playing with her sister, most of the time.
2 comments:
Wow! Avery's writing already! That's great! I can't believe how big both girls are. Time goes by so quickly.
Cute! They grow so fast!
-Janel
Post a Comment