23 February 2010

Living Room

I've been working on redecorating around the house to create some more cohesive style. I got these pillows and this picture in December. I love the blue-green color with our chocolate brown couches. It really livened everything up.
Then for Valentine's Day I got Merrick a new TV stand. (I know, we need a new TV too now.) But our old stand we got used for $15 when we got married and we were happy to get rid of it. Because of the new furniture we wanted to rearrange the room, so I really needed something nice above the TV that could hold its own on a big wall.
I got these picture frames with the large mats. Then I just went to Michael's and got some cute matching scrapbook paper and... voila! A great addition to my very beginner-level design.
The next thing on the list for the room is curtains for the window. Probably in the blue/green color. Isn't that how it goes? You update one thing in the room and all of the sudden, everything else looks so shabby? :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, i'm loving the look...you are turning into quite the decorator!

Joy Strancar said...

I love it!!! I love these colors together. We have the same color scheme in our bedroom. I'm not sure if they still have them, but we got our drapes at JCPenney. They are chocolate brown and have circles in robin's egg blue and green (kind of like your pillow. I'll send you the link if I can find them!

Joy Strancar said...

These are the ones we have:
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=15529c5&RefPage=X6E&deptID=60156&catID=60958&cmOrigID=16cea98&cmPosID=1&CmCatId=60156|60193|60953|60958|crosssell

Ruth said...

Love it! I love your picture frame idea. My bedroom needs a major makeover so I might just use that idea!

Jenni Elyse said...

It looks great! Good job! I might have to try something like that at some point.

Keith and Nicci said...

Looks so refreshing but also calming - I love it!

Ali said...

I love it! Reminds me of Make it and Love it...hmmmm. You've sure changed things from the townhouse :) The scrapbook paper is great. I've been trying to decide for months where to use that blue in my house. Way to be cool in 2010 (I hear turquoise in all its lovely shades it the color of the year!). And even tho it's way cool and grown up....I miss the old days of crummy 3rd hand furniture living next to you guys!

Tams Family said...

Very chic! I wish you were here to give me some ideas for my house. Love the colors.

dani and fam said...

very very cute!

Britney said...

I LOVE the color. Very refreshing. I've been seeing it in stores a lot, too.

Good work!

Jen said...

Love it! I am so impressed. You are such a go getter. I always get stuck in the planning zone!

Kevin and Rachel said...

You go girl! And it even matches your blog background. Amazing.