17 October 2009

My Date with Avery

Occasionally we like to take Avery on "dates" with just one of us. Merrick has taken her to a few movies and it helps give her some attention away from Camryn. This time I heard about the PERFECT date for me and her: A Fairy Tale Day at the Bayshore Mall. The Milwaukee Ballet Company is putting on Cinderella next week and some of the ballerinas came to the mall in costume and the kids got to dress up like princesses and take pictures with them, etc. It was awesome!

Here is Avery posing with Cinderella herself:

This is her with an Autumn Fairy Dancer:

And her personal favorite - the Spring Fairy, who was her favorite color - GREEN:

The event consisted of pictures with the ballerinas, the kids making their own wands, a reading of the Cinderella story, coloring a Cinderella page, and TONS of little girls dressed up like fairies and princesses. Here's Avery with the wand she made:

We had a great time together! And it really made me want to go see the ballet (I think this was kind of the point).

4 comments:

Ruth said...

We stumbled on this yesterday too. We came I think right at the end- wish we came earlier- it looked so fun. I'm glad Avery had such a good time.

Janel said...

Wow, what a great idea for kids! I bet she just loved it! She's getting so big!

Anonymous said...

this must have been christmas for avery!

Jen said...

Wow. Magical. I wish I would have gone!