Camryn is 19 months today. Doesn't she look adorable? Well, she really is. However, she is officially a menace because of this one skill she learned this month - Pushing chairs around and climbing up on them. Hello, little monkey! This gives her access to all my kitchen drawers which she can empty with alarming speed. I quickly learned to hide all my scissors because I would hear the bonechilling sound of scissors: open-close-open-close-open-close. This would send me sprinting into the kitchen only to find Camryn practically beaming at her discovery - "Look Mom! I can work the scissors!" She has also learned how to climb onto the toilet without a step or chair. With a chair, she can get into the sink and onto the top of her changing table. It is not uncommon for Avery to come to me saying, "Uh oh, Mom, look what Camy's doing!" I'm surprised she hasn't broken a limb yet.
Camryn's favorite game is called "Jo" (aka "Joooooooooo!"). It's where she stands at the top of the stairs and chucks a toy down while yelling "Jo!" Repeat until parents intervene. Avery loves to play too, but she's able to make a bigger mess even more quickly. We think "Jo" is her word for "throw" or "go". Silly girl.
Well we sure love her a lot. Even though she drives me nuts sometimes. She really is adorable.
2 comments:
Both of your girls are adorable. I've decided that kids are so good at driving us nuts because we love them so much. Take care and good luck with the monkey-proofing your home. :)
I would be so scared if I heard the scissors as well! She is getting so big!
Post a Comment