07 October 2009

Lathered Up

We had some friends over for dinner last night. While we were eating dessert, Avery and her friend Nate (who has the same birthday as her, incidentally) were upstairs. We thought they were happily playing with toys while we chatted, until Nate comes running downstairs with some dots on his pants and face. We realized it was lotion and easily wiped him off. I headed upstairs to check on Avery. This is what I found...


A whole bit bottle of Cetaphil lotion DUMPED into the sink and lathered all over Avery - her clothes, her face, her legs... The mirror was wiped all over with it, the whole counter had a nice layer of it.
At least we know she'll be moisturized right? Hehe. It was actually hilarious. I was secretly relieved I hadn't scrubbed down the upstairs bathroom in preparation for company - I have to clean it all over today anyway! (And I was also glad it wasn't on the carpet- that would have been a nightmare). After her quick bath, Avery was good as new.

A couple of three year olds plus a bottle of lotion is not a good combination!

6 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

That's too funny! Little kids do the darnedest things!

Justin and Coralie said...

Ooh... and Cetaphil! I bet that was fun getting off... funny picture though :)

Dayna said...

I LOVE IT! I am sure that it wasn't fun for you to clean up, but these are the fun memories they will LOVE when they are older. Great pictures!

Britney said...

Oh no! Glad the mess was contained in the bathroom.

Avery sure looks happy, though. Hopefully she doesn't try that one again. :)

Stephanie said...

Don't you love that Nate Russell?? I saw this same story on Jen's blog and realized our small world connection. Chris and my husband Taylor were law school buddies. We love those guys. Jealous you all get to hang out together!

Tyler V said...

Hah! Avery looks sooo cute!
I'm kinda amazed, the three year olds must all be on the same page...my sis-in-law just posted that hers did the same thing a few nights ago!
Looks like I should hide my lotion soon...