Last night Avery runs to me crying like she was in pain. I asked her what happened and, pointing to her mouth, she said, "Money!" I realized she had swallowed a coin! Ah! What do you do? She obviously wasn't choking but it must have hurt going down. So we gave her a drink of water, and that seemed to calm her down a little. Then I got out one of each kind of coin and she pointed to the dime to show me which one she swallowed.
I then looked online to get some tips and ended up calling an after hours nurse. She told us to give her some bread to eat and if she could get that down fine, then she would be okay and we could just watch for it to come out the other end. That should be interesting...
This was actually our second call to the after hours nurse for Avery in one week. I'm not sure why she's more accident prone after hours, but it always seems to work out that way. So the call earlier this week was because she fell on something and severed that little flap of tissue between her gums and her top lip. Apparently it's not something that requires stitches, thank goodness. But it will probably never heal back to normal.
And so my on-the-job mom training continues...
2 comments:
What a week! Oh my goodness...
Crazy week, but catchy title :) Poor girl... Good luck with the dime!
its always scary when stuff like that happens! you're a great mom :)
Post a Comment