11 May 2009

CAMRYN

I thought I'd give an update on the kids individually. Here's what Camryn has been up to.




Age: Almost 14 months
She loves to: Bring us coats, shoes, any kind of clothing and says "Uh! Uh!" until we put it on her. (She's starting the dress up thing young!) She also loves to take baths, play outside, go down the slide, and pull all the cushions off the couch.
Her favorite food: Pasta. She likes this all the time but most everything else she's moody about. One day she loves bananas, the next it's cheese, and the next day she doesn't like anything.
Her favorite toys: purses and BABIES. She loves to bring us a baby doll and a blanket and we'll wrap it up for her and she'll cuddle it and get SO excited. Yes, she's all girl.
Words: Dada, hi, ga ga, mama, Jesus, cheese, two (like when I say "one..." she says "two")
Hooray for: Sleeping through the night! She does awesome and once I lay her down awake at night she never cries and never wakes up in the middle of the night, ever since I stopped nursing a couple months ago. It's been GREAT!
Personality: She's a really happy kid most of the time. Loves to smile, is very photogenic, and charms everyone she sees at stores, at church, anywhere. I think it's those big brown eyes of hers! But she has also developed quite the temper. Avery's been stealing toys from her from day one but now she's starting to notice! She screams and arches her back when she's upset and it's kind of scary sometimes because she gets so mad that she throws herself on the ground and hurts herself sometimes! I think it's mainly a frustration with not being able to communicate as well as she'd like. But at least it's giving us an opportunity to teach Avery how to share better.
Signs: We're teaching her some sign language like we did with Avery, but it's definitely more difficult with the second child. So far she knows the signs for - bath, milk, bye-bye, and dog. Her favorite is bath. It's super cute to see her do it.

She also understands a lot. I can tell her to go in the kitchen and get her binky or bring me her baby doll and she can find it and bring it to me. It's so fun to see her grow up and learn so much!

That's all I can think of for now. I'll write about Avery in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Britney said...

I love this update on Camryn. She's growing up WAY too fast.

Tyler V said...

Yeah, that kid is DEFINITLY a charmer. Love this post idea! Such a great way to get to know Camryn better.