14 August 2008

4 Year Anniversary


Today is Merrick and my four year anniversary! We were married in the Salt Lake Temple on August 14, 2004. It's been a long four years with so much happening: Me getting a full-time job offer in the BYU Registrar's Office on our way home from our honeymoon, Merrick getting accepted into the Business School at BYU, me graduating in April 2005, having Avery, Merrick working at Franklin Covey, Dentrix, and Podango, Merrick graduating in December 2007, Merrick getting a full-time job at Kohls, moving to Milwaukee, having Camryn. We've come a long way!

And yet, we've come a lot longer than that if you count the fact that we met before Merrick's mission in December 2001. We hit it off instantly and spent two months getting to know each other before he left for the Washington Everett Mission. Here is a picture we took together December 2001:


We wrote almost the whole time he was gone once every week or two and then when he got home in February 2004, we started dating again a few weeks later, got engaged on my birthday May 7, 2004, and got married 3 months later.

It's been a fun four years with lots of challenges and lots of wonderful memories. We have no idea where the future will take us, but no matter what we do, I'm glad it will be with Merrick. He's pretty dang awesome.

8 comments:

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

Congrats! You look beautiful in your wedding picture. And how fun that Merrick was your missionary. We were married in the SLC temple to! It's the best.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a cute story!

Joel & Whitney got married the same day in the same place...I wonder if you saw each other and didn't even know it!

Happy Anniversary!

vanessa said...

Yep, Karen- There were I think 80 weddings that day in the SL Temple and so far we've met two of those 80 couples! Whitney and Joel got married at the same exact time as us too (4:20pm) so we think we remember seeing each other in the celestial room! :)

Tyler V said...

Wow, congrats. You chose a smashing month in which to be married! I'm so excited we got to spend 3 of those 4 years as your neigbors (ok, maybe 2 and a half!).
Miss you guys--happy anniversary!

Britney said...

Happy anniversary, Vanessa and Merrick! This post with pictures and history is classic. I loved reading it. You guys HAVE come a long way! I wish I could be there tonight to watch your kids for you while you go out to a fancy dinner.

Anyway, hope it's a great one. Love ya!

Christina said...

Congratulations, you guys look exactly the same as you did the day you got married, and I mean that as a compliment. It's hard to look so good after two kids, believe me I know, but you still look as beautiful as the day you got married. Congrats again.

Christina

Michelle said...

I hope you had a wonderful anniversary! Congratulations!!

Joy Strancar said...

Aww. Congratulations! I hope you had a great anniversary!
Alan and I have also started another adventure... we moved to Cincinnati for Alan's job last week. Life is pretty crazy!
I love reading your blog and getting all caught up with you!