10 July 2008

Fourth of July

This past weekend we drove six hours to Des Moines, Iowa to visit my sister, Britney, and her family. They moved there in January right when we moved here to Milwaukee, so we're excited to have family within a reasonable driving distance. The kids did great in the car and the time went by quite fast. We left Thursday morning and left after church on Sunday afternoon. We had a great time and we've never seen Avery have so much fun! She was in heaven playing with her cousins Stephen (3 1/2 years old) and Emily (17 months old). For the fourth, we went to a parade in the morning and watched fireworks in the evening. It was a great trip!

Jeremy bought some sparklers for the kids, but Emily was a dangerous little girl with fire in her hands. Merrick provided some backup to make sure no one got burned!
Two peas in a pod!!
My mom got the girls these matching outfits so we made sure to take some pictures. Sorry Stephen!

3 comments:

Britney said...

I especially love the picture of Stephen and Avery and the fireworks in the background. Good photography there, Vaness. What a great weekend.

Kevin and Rachel said...

Looks like you had such a great 4th. Cam is getting SO big, SO fast. I want to see her! I'm so glad you guys are doing so great.

Kris said...

Hi Vanessa! Britney found me off of Rachelle's blog and I found you off of hers. You have such a cute family! I hope things are going well for you guys! Take care and keep in touch. Kris- krishansen.blogspot.com