07 May 2008

We're 25...

Well it's official. Today I caught up with Merrick and we're the same age again. 25. Wow I'm a quarter of a century! Halfway to 50. I was looking online today to try to find something cool that happened on May 7 but I didn't really know any of the famous people born today, except Alex Smith, former rival Utes QB (correct me if I'm wrong). And all of the fun historical things that happened today were oh so thrilling. I'm sure you guys would be interested in many more but I'll just give you the biggest one: "On May 7, 1945, Germany signed an unconditional surrender at Allied headquarters in Rheims, France, to take effect the following day, ending the European conflict of World War II." Pretty significant I think.

Oh my great great (I think just 2 greats) grandma Frances Yost had the same birthday as me too. My great aunt called my mom after I was born pretty put out that she hadn't named me Frances. Now how many of you would have liked me better if I were a Fran or Frannie? I rather prefer the alternative. Thanks Mom.

Speaking of Mom, I was telling Merrick the other day that birthdays really ought to celebrate the moms since they're the one doing most of the work that day. Now that I've had some kids it seems like I should give a party to my mom every May 7th thanking her for enduring all the 20 some hours of labor to bring all 10 pounds of me into the world. But Merrick says that's what Mother's Day is for so I guess that will do, plus it kind of helps that her birthday is May 4th so it's a busy month. My Mother-in-Law's birthday is also this month too. Pretty crazy.

Okay that's all the commentary I'll give. Thanks to everyone who has extended birthday greetings so far today!

3 comments:

amy said...

happy birthday! hope you're having a good day -- at least the sun came out!

Eddie and Amber said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have an enjoyable day! We miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!