16 April 2008

Idol


I must say that I've gotten quite into American Idol this season so I thought I'd do some commentary for fun. It's actually been fun to see some real talent compared with the past few years which seemed to lack any real excitement. But this year it seems like almost everyone left has had a really great "hey they could win this thing" song, except for maybe Kristy Lee, who for some reason has not been kicked off yet. I really liked Brooke's "Let it Be", Jason's "Over the Rainbow", David Archuleta's "Angels", David Cook's "Billie Jean", Carly Smithson's "Come Together", and Syesha and Kristy Lee have had some good ones, but not really lately in my opinion. Bummer about Michael Johns leaving last week because I think he's way better than them but in the end I don't think he had the guts to win the whole thing.

I was kind of excited about Mariah Carey coming on as a coach last night since she was like the first pop singer I ever followed, back when I was in the fifth grade my sister Britney got me into her. I think we even sung some of her songs in my little 5th grade choir hehe. Well I totally agreed with what Simon said at the beginning that the guys would have the advantage because it's way easier to make a female artist's song your own original version when you're a guy, and the girls just had to deal with paling in comparison. Plus the three guys have an easier time in general with coming up with original versions. The girls really are starting to struggle...

So anyways that's about all the rambling you'll get today. I created a poll for all you American Idol fans out there to vote on who you like the best. Just out of curiosity. Maybe I'll do another post about Idol again later and I'll tell you who I like best.

3 comments:

Joy Strancar said...

Hey there!
Yeah, I've been following it too. Alan hates it, but he sits through it while I watch it on the DVR each time it's on. We were pretty glad tonight when Kristy Lee Cook got voted off. Neither one of us could stand her since her audition, so, it's about time!
This week, I thought David Cook was the best... I also really like Brooke.
Anyway, your little girls are looking like they are doing well! I always love checking on your blog and seeing what's new!!
Talk to you soon.

Jill said...

I've also become quite the fan this season. Like everyone else I was very excited to see Kristy Lee finally get the boot. It's been expected now for some time. I believe Syesha will be next, or maybe that's just hoping. Anyways, after she's kicked off then it will be too hard to choose. I do believe they all will do very well with or without the title of "American Idol".

Rachel said...

Hi Van, Craig and I have been watching this season too. I think of everyone, Jason would be the person I would be most likely to listen to, but I also like Brooke quite a bit. David Cook just bugs me - he is pretty cocky, but I think he will do well no matter what happens with the show. I too was very glad to see Kristy Lee gone - she was no where near as good at the country stuff as Carrie Underwood. It is funny to think back to the first season I ever watched this show - it was when we were all roomies and you guys were so addicted. I am pretty sure that was season 2. I never did see season 1. Your little girl is so cute; I hope things are still going great!