11 July 2014

Baptism Day

Avery was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Saturday, July 5th. We were lucky to have some family join us here in Tennessee for the event - my parents, Merrick's mom, Merrick's sister, and her husband. Can you believe that the weather was PERFECT?! Like 80 degrees, perfectly sunny, not too humid? I was in heaven. Last year when the Wells came for the 4th it was a wet mess, the year before apparently it was a record breaking 102 degrees. Somehow we got it right this year! Woohoo!

Here is the Baptism Announcement I gave out to friends, family, and ward members.



Then a few days before the baptism we went down to the field in our neighborhood that has beautiful wildflowers. We took some pics. Here is the one I framed for her baptism day. 


And here are a few more I edited and liked. I'm not very good at editing. I just used an app on my phone and I took the pics with my phone, too, haha but I thought they were cute.




On her baptism day we took a few family pictures before the baptism.



Here's the Baptism girl.


And here she is with her daddy, who baptized her. 


Here is a copy of the program I made up for the Baptism.



She was baptized with a girl from another ward. It was a good amount of kids. Sometimes when there are 3 or more kids getting baptized it makes for a lengthy program.

Everything went very smoothly and we had a great time. We invited everyone over for lunch afterwards but there were only two families from the ward who came so we had a lot of extra food. I made pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, cole slaw, sliced watermelon, chips, and fruit pizza for dessert. It was all very yummy.

Here's a pic Lindsey took with her husband and Avery after the baptism. So sweet.



Thanks to our family for coming out and supporting Avery on her special day!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Love the pictures of Avery. She looks beautiful and you are good at taking photos.

Ruth said...

Congrats on her baptism!! Our girls are sure growing up! She looks absolutely beautiful!