10 July 2014

Avery's 8th Birthday

Avery turned 8 this year and we decided to hold her birthday party on the Friday before her birthday. After Camryn's Frozen Party I was so worn out from the party that I felt like we didn't have that fun of a day besides the party so I wanted Avery's birthday to be a nice low key day. Here's the birthday girl. Did you notice she chopped her hair? Apparently it's the cool thing to do for a 7 and 8 year old girl.


We had swimming lessons in the morning and then stayed late to do some extra swimming in the pool, then we headed to the zoo. Avery loves meerkats so they are always fun to check out.



Do you get to pet kangaroos at your zoo? Well, we do. It's awesome. One of my favorite parts of our zoo.


After the zoo we met up with Dad for dinner at an Asian restaurant. Avery had been requesting sushi on her birthday. She's her father's daughter that's for sure! Crazy girl. 


After making all those cupcakes for her party a few days earlier, I wasn't about to make her another cake for her real birthday. But Merrick and Avery decided we needed something so we stopped at Ivey's Cupcakes after dinner and picked up 6 mini cupcakes. They were really, really yummy and we each got to pick our own flavor. Yum!


Avery had a great day and we can't believe we have an 8 year old now!

No comments: