1. Lindsey and her boyfriend (now fiancee) Collin coming to visit from DC! The girls loved Collin and were all over sitting on his lap and jumping on him. Poor guy!
2. Decorations - I loved my Thanksgiving mantle! I got that chalkboard print done as an Engineering Print at Staples for like $3. I got the frame at Good Will, took the nasty floral picture out, and painted it white. Then we wrote what we were thankful for on those leaves and made it into a nice garland.
3. Thanksgiving Dinner food - Yum! We helped the kids make these cute Oreo Turkeys (from ourbestbites.com) and spent the day cooking yummy food!
It was only my second time cooking a turkey but I brined it and it turned out great. I did end up overcooking it a bit though so next time I will do better!
The Candied Coconut Sweet Potatoes and the stuffing were the favorites. Yum! We stuffed ourselves and had to take naps all afternoon. For dessert I made a pumpkin cheesecake and a traditional lattice top apple pie. Mmm....
4. Catching Fire- Lindsey and I went to see this. It was SO GOOD! I was mesmerized the whole time!
Worst Parts of Thanksgiving 2013-
1. The night after Thanksgiving Collin woke up sick. The poor guy threw up all that yummy food. He was really sick with a fever all day the next two days so we didn't do much. Lindsey and I did go see Catching Fire just to do something the next day but we really didn't get to go do all the Nashville things we wanted to.
2. Saturday Lindsey and Merrick got sick too! Collin was on the mend but poor Lindsey and Merrick weren't well for the rest of the time they were here. We felt so bad sending those two sickies back home on an 11 hour drive to DC feeling so crummy. I didn't even make any food after Thanksgiving because no one had the stomach for it. Lucky for me there were plenty of leftovers to enjoy. Sickness can really kill a vacation, can't it?!
Overall we were so glad to meet Collin and we are excited for their wedding next month! Hopefully we'll all be feeling healthy and happy then! :)






1 comment:
Love love love your Thanksgiving decor and food photos. Fun to see you blogging again!
Post a Comment