11 August 2013

The First Day of Second Grade


School started August 9th this year! So early, right? Well the Kindergarten kids don't start until the 19th so Avery was the only one who went so far but can you believe I have a second grader? It sounds so much more grown up than a first grader!




She was pretty excited and had a nice first day. I drove her so I could go see her class and meet her teacher.





She did great. We had her ride the bus home but of course they are always late the first few days. Cam, Lil, and I were pretty hot by the time she got here! 


The best news is our bus stop has been moved to right next to our house! Last year it was a quarter mile away. This will be so nice to just sit on my deck and watch them wait for the bus.

After school we did our swim lessons and in the evening we went to Member's night at the Zoo. Merrick had been in Seattle all week so we needed something fun to do to celebrate school being in session. 


It was a fun night with free carousel rides and a nice animal show. I enjoyed the keeper talks where they told about the animals. The girls were so bored by those though! :) They just wanted to go play on the playground. 


It was soooo humid and sweaty that we definitely needed McDonalds ice cream cones afterwards. As we drove home Avery announced that it had been the best day ever and that I was a great mom. Made it all worth it! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to Avery! Hope she has a great 2nd grade year!

Britney said...

That comment by "Unknown" was me. :)