07 September 2010

Avery's First Day of School

Avery had her first day of 4K today. 4K is our 4-year old Kindergarten. She gets to ride the bus which will be super convenient and especially nice in the winter. Here are some pics we took of her with the rest of us before the bus came.
I love these two cuties. They were especially photogenic this morning, which I appreciated. :)
And here she is, getting on the big yellow bus and me, probably fixing my hair nervously. She just walked right on, sat in the front and waved out the window as they took my baby away!
I actually tried stalking the bus. But I lost track of where it went so I ended up sitting in the parking lots waitin for a long time and then was too chicken to get out of the car to watch her walk inside (I didn't want her to see me!) so it was kind of pointless. But at least it gave me some peace of mind. I didn't cry - didn't think I was going to but I was very nervous/anxious for her to come home.
She had a great day. She was excited to see me when she got off the bus 3 1/2 hours later but once we got inside she told me she had a good time and told me all about everything they did. Camryn was especially excited to see her sister, which was nice. It was a good day. Tomorrow we get to do it all over again!

3 comments:

Ali said...

Congrats! That is so cool that they have 4K. Jack has half-day kindergarten, and he's loving it. I'm sure Avery is going to LOVE her adventures at school! I'm sure you'll find ways to enjoy the time, too ;)

Tams Family said...

It's funny how school is almost harder on the parents than the kids themselves. I'm glad she had such a great time!

The Harkers said...

what stylish little chicas! so fun!