02 December 2009

Thanksgiving Break

We had an awesome Thanksgiving break this year. We went to Houston, Texas where my family lives to celebrate the holiday, and also the return of my brother, Jordan, from his mission to Zurich, Switzerland. My whole family was there, as well as my grandparents Granny and Poppa, from Idaho. What a fun time we had - all 15 of us! Some highlights:

- It was a surprise for us all to be there to pick up my brother from the aiport. He walked out and said, "Wow! The WHOLE family..." :) It was so nice to hear all his stories and see about 600 of his 1200 pictures he took there! Talk about a beautiful place to live!
- Merrick, my dad, and Poppa went to the NASA Space Center (as in "Houston, we have a problem.") They had a wonderful time seeing all there was to see.
- We ate our Thanksgiving meal on Saturday so that Jordan didn't miss out. Yummy food!
- My nephew Stephen brought four lightsabers and the four kids had
a blast with those.
- The weather in Texas was mild, but definitely warmer than the chilly 30 degrees we came home to! It was really pleasant to be able to walk down to the park without coats on!
- Jordan gave his homecoming talk on Sunday so that we could all be there. My younger sister Katie also received her Young Womanhood Medallion that day.
- We all went to see the movie The Blind Side. It was really a great movie. I highly recommend it.
- Granny had a broken foot and was only wearing one shoe most of the time. It really bugged Camryn. She kept pointing at the bare foot saying "Uh-oh, shoe!" all the time. It really cracked us up.
- We celebrated my sister Ashley's birthday on Monday night before we all left.
- LOTS of food, lots of visiting, lots of fun!

I don't have any pictures yet but I'll share some when I get them! I'm grateful for my family and that we could all be together. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too.

2 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

It sounds like you had fun!

Britney said...

Great recap, Vaness. Glad you're home safe and sound.