26 December 2009

Merry Christmas

I hope you all had a nice Christmas! Ours was wonderful. We've been busy the past few days. On Wednesday I baked Swedish bread and sugar cookies:


On Thursday (Christmas Eve) I did more baking (Cinnamon Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, a cheeseball, and an overnight breakfast casserole for Christmas morning. Sorry, no pics!). Then that night our Christmas Eve traditions are: 1) Chinese food, 2) Acting out the Christmas Story, and 3) Opening two gifts each- Christmas PJs and an ornament.


On Christmas Morning, we got up at 7:30, checked to see if Santa came, and he did!! Avery got her Baby Ariel Doll- just what she asked Santa for. And Camryn got the Belle Baby Doll (in Camy's words: "Me Belle!")


The girls were spoiled with way too many toys! Thanks to all our extended family who sent us gifts. It would have been fun to spend the holidays with family but it's also fun for us to start our own traditions with our kids here in our own home. On Christmas night we had two families over for a nice Christmas dinner. We enjoyed great food and great company. Merry Christmas to everyone!

2 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas! That Swedish bread looks yummy! You'll have to post the recipe some time.

Britney said...

Glad you had such a nice Christmas! I agree with Jenni Elyse- you need to post the recipe for the Swedish bread. It looks SO good.