30 June 2008

Happy Birthday Avery!

Avery is two years old today. I can't believe it. My baby is growing up! We've had a nice day so far. Opened a few presents this morning, watched some new DVDs, played with new toys, went to the library, had lunch with Daddy at the cafeteria at his office (really good food!), and now we're taking a much needed nap. Well, the girls are. This afternoon we're going to play at the playground, then pick Daddy up from work and drive down to the Stone Fire Pizza Co. for dinner which has a cool play area for kids.
Avery has gotten a lot of cool gifts (thanks family!) and has more to open later in the day. One of her favorite things about her birthday so far is her birthday crown. We've seen several cartoons about birthdays and Avery deduced that on your birthday you wear a hat or a crown. So everytime we've talked about her birthday she's mentioned it. We found this crown at WalMart and it lights up. She's been wearing it all day.
I made Avery a "Magenta" cake, which is the magenta colored dog friend of Blue in Blue's Clues. She loves that show and Magenta is always her favorite diaper when we buy Luvs. :) I got the idea from here.

We're excited for the "terrific twos" and we love our Avery!

6 comments:

Linnea said...

How adorable! I'm very very impressed with the cake. Tell her Happy Birthday from Jeff and Linnea!

Kevin and Rachel said...

I can't believe you have a two year old. Happy Birthday Avery! I wish we were closer so I could enjoy these two little girls. And their parents...

Rachel said...

I can't believe she is 2 already! The pictures are super cute. I think the cake looks awesome! Did you use marshmallows for the eyes, or just frosting? I have a feeling that I might be making one like that eventually. :)

vanessa said...

Marshmallows for the eyes with a dot of the darker frosting! I'm definitely new at the cake decorating thing, but it wasn't too difficult.

Jenni Elyse said...

Happy birthday, Avery! :)

So, I have to tell you that my friend (not her daughter because she doesn't have one) has that same crown and wears it for her birthday. She let's the girls at work wear it too, so I have a picture of me in it on my birthday post. I just had to laugh. It looks better on Avery, though. :)

Tyler V said...

Happy Birthday, Avery! I can't believe it's been 2 years already!!!
SUPER cute cake--way to go! It looks like you guys are having a blast. We miss you!