20 June 2012

Last Day of Kindergarten!

Avery’s last day of kindergarten was a couple weeks ago now. She had a great year. She did full day kindergarten and really learned how to read and write so much this year. She made some good friends and absolutely adored her teacher.

P1030004

It was a gorgeous morning so Lily and I saw her off (she rode the bus to and from school all year- nice!)

P1030006

Here she is waiting for the bus…

P1030009

And there she went on the bus for the last time as a kindergartener. She gave her bus driver some M&M’s.

P1030010

Merrick and I got to go to her school at noon that day to have lunch with her on the playground. It was hot but it was nice to have some 2-on-1 time with her. She was pretty sad for me to leave, though. Said she wanted to go home! I told her that she had to stay for her last 3 hours of Kindergarten!! She made it through somehow. :)

When she got home I tried to make it fun and used an idea I saw on Pinterest. Here she is, right off the afternoon bus.

summer

I made her some cookies and we got to dig into that huge pile of papers from her teacher!! Fun stuff.

Now on to First Grade!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

She's such a big girl now! And almost six years old. Can't believe it. I love the "Welcome to Summer" sign. Great idea.