19 May 2012

Retzer Nature Center

We’ve been talking about spring and nature lately for Preschool so for our field trip last month we attended a nature hike at Retzer Nature Center in Waukesha. It was during nap time so I took three of the kids + Lily by myself. They did great. It was quite a long walk but they gave the kids “treasure bags” and they picked up flowers, bark, rocks, pine cones, etc. along the way, which made it fun for them.
We went down to a pond and they scooped out a frog, a crawdad, and a few other fun things for the kids to check out.
P1010872P1010874P1010878P1010880P1010881P1010884
It was really fun and the kids had a good time, even though we walked probably half a mile. The low point for me was when I realized Lily had dropped her toy out of the stroller and I had to run back 50 feet or so to go get it, then run back to the group before one of the 3 four year olds I was in charge of ran off. But it all worked out, despite me being pretty tired after that! Smile Glad we went.

No comments: