This Valentine’s Day is brought to you by Pinterest! :) There are so many fun ideas floating around the web on blogs, etc. and using Pinterest you can quickly sort through the masses and find great ideas. I do spend a lot of time on there – mostly on my iPod while I’m nursing - but I really do a lot of the ideas I find on there. Here are some random Valentine’s things I’ve done lately.
First up, I saw an idea for a baby photo shoot that I loved. I took Lily’s pictures with some large white letters I cut out to spell LOVE. Isn’t it adorable?
And then I decided to get pretty crafty and paint a wall hanging like this one.
It turned out pretty cute, I think. I used this technique (also from Pinterest!) to help me paint the letters – you print off the words, then put them on top of the wood and trace over the words, which indents the wood. Then you use that as your guide when you paint. It worked pretty good but not perfectly because my letters were pretty small.
I also made these strawberry cookies to give to our neighbor for a FHE activity on Monday.
They looked better than they tasted. The cream cheese frosting in the middle was delish but the strawberry flavoring was from a strawberry cake mix so they tasted a little artificial.
We also made a fun heart garland for the kitchen like this one:
Super easy. Oh and I printed off an 8x10 of this subway art at Costco to put in a frame for another decoration (below is their picture – not mine). Don’t you just love subway art?
Oh, Avery and I decided to make these Valentine’s Butterflies for Avery’s valentines to bring to her class. Super cute right?
On Friday Avery had the day off from school so we made some heart shaped cinnamon rolls (which was our reward for reading 30 days straight of family scripture study – woohoo!). I made mine from scratch like I would normally but then unrolled them a little and reshaped them into hearts like this:
I’m sure they would be super quick to make with a tube of premade cinnamon rolls.
It’s been a fun February so far! And I’m not even done Valentine-ing yet! Happy Valentine’s Day!

3 comments:
Oh my gosh. You are superwoman. I'm especially in love with those L-O-V-E pictures of Lily and those cute little cinnamon rolls. I'm going to have to make them- that is, with the tube of store-bought rolls. ;)
Love all of these fun projects! Yeaaa pinterest is my FAV pastime while nursing :)
My you have been busy! Everything looks super cute, great job! :) I'm in love with Pinterest too, I loved how the speaker in sacrament meeting even mentioned it! (I'm proud that I was actually listening, haha)
Post a Comment