Sunday we went to church with the Smith’s and got to enjoy a beautiful Christmas talk by President Henry B. Eyring. Then we drove over to my Grandma Haws’ house to say hi to my whole family who had arrived as well. There we met my sister Ashley’s fiance Andrew Wells! Seemed like a good guy! Then we went back to Merrick’s house for dinner.
Tuesday was a nice day spent with Merrick’s family. We went with his parents and his sister and brother-in-law to go do family name sealings at the Bountiful Temple. Then we did a family picture and went out for Chinese food at Joy Luck. The kids had a great time playing with Taryn’s dog Calle. Camryn led her around the house on a leash and they were pretty cute.
Wednesday was the big day! Ashley’s wedding! Merrick and I went to the Salt Lake Temple and enjoyed seeing all of my extended family. The sealing went beautifully and Ashley looked amazing.
You’d think a December wedding would be snowy but it was actually a 40 degree rainy day! Luckily the rain held off for most of the outdoor pictures they took. Thanks to Andrew’s sister’s Facebook for these pictures!! :) This is all my family that was at the temple (below) and pretty much the only picture I have of me so far.
We had a wonderful luncheon at the Grand America Hotel and here’s the happy couple enjoying a little rest and meal before the festivities continued:
That night the reception was in Provo at the White Willow. It was a beautiful place! Here are a few more pics I found:
You can kind of see how beautiful the room was in this picture above. This is when she was throwing the bouquet. All 8 bridesmaids wore the red dresses. It was a beautiful night!
Thursday we drove to Midway where my parents had rented a condo for us all to stay in for a few days. My mom and older sister Britney and I all had sore feet from the previous day so we went to Heber for some pedicures! Such a great idea! It felt great! We had a nice rest of the day playing with video games and cousins and relaxing.
Friday was Christmas Eve and we spent the morning in Midway and then drove back up to Bountiful for the night. We had a nice dinner made by Merrick’s siblings and we all dressed up as characters from the nativity. Avery was Mary, as usual, and Camryn was a shepherd girl. She loved her costume up until the program started and then she ripped it off real quick. Oh well. :) Merrick was a wise man and I was an angel. It was fun and the kids enjoyed it.
Christmas Day was a whirlwind of presents with Merrick’s family in the morning and presents with my family in the afternoon and lots of yummy food and great company. Thanks so much to our families for all the fun and your generosity! We had such a great trip.
We left the next morning and drove all the way to Council Bluffs, Iowa and enjoyed a relaxing evening in a hotel there. The kids slept great and at 8:30am I finally woke everyone up so we could get out of there! It took us 7 hours to get home and the house was freezing and the car was a disaster! But it was nice to be able to stretch out and relax!! And the girls were most excited to finally unpack all their toys and play play play! They’ve been playing ever since!!
I hope your Christmas was nice too. We had such a great time and wish we could have stayed longer! I’ll try to upload more pictures as I get them in. Happy New Year everyone!
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun Christmas! Casey and I had our reception at White Willow too! I swear our cake was on that exact cake pedestal!
Congrats to your sister! It sounds like you were really busy, so we'll forgive that you couldn't see us ;)
Glad you survived that crazy drive. I hate hotel rooms with the kids. NOT restful. Miss you!
Post a Comment