14 July 2010

Swimmin'


Last week I took the girls to Menomonee Park to go swimming in the Quarry Lake. It was a perfect day, the water was warm, and we had fun splashing around.

Camryn was a little shy getting her feet wet at first so she played in the sand on the beach while Avery showed off her skills.
But eventually Camryn got in and had an absolute blast. I didn't take any pictures after that because she was dangerous! She was walking around in water up to her shoulders and if she tripped at all she went under! So I had to stay within arms reach once she got in.
It was a beautiful place, kind of crowded but not terribly so. There was plenty of shade, a playground right on the sand, and it was free (I had a coupon for the entrance fee). I think we'll go back there several more times this summer, especially since it's less than 10 minutes from home!

No comments: