27 April 2010

Men's dress shirt dress


Here's the dress I made from a men's dress shirt. I think it turned out really great, except it is a little see-through. She'll have to wear a slip underneath. I used this tutorial. Here's the back:
And a close-up of the rosette on the front.

6 comments:

Tyler V said...

Love it!

Michelle said...

so cute! you do such a great job with all your projects...thanks for sharing! :)

Melinda said...

Cute, cute! Good to know about the see-through thing; I'll know to use a thicker/darker shirt if/when I do this!

Justin and Coralie said...

Cute! You do such a good job with these sewing projects. I always admire them on Make it and Love it, but I'm not a sewer... so I do little projects, but I'm nervous about attempting clothes. But I love how cute these are!

Britney said...

Super cute! I love the embellishments you're doing like the collar on that white shirt from last month and the rosette on this dress.

Britney said...

PS- Have you thought about starting a separate blog for just your sewing projects? Call it something like "Sew Green Mama". Stuff like this could get really popular, and you've got a great knack for it.