Avery and I decided awhile ago that Merrick wasn't too old to have a themed birthday party and so we decided he would have a "Baseball party" - since he watched a lot of the Milwaukee Brewers games plus the fact that he was on a softball team this summer. Ever since this decision was made Avery has been rattling off the list of components of his party - "baseball cake, baseball crown, baseball presents, baseball balloons..." She was very enthusiastic so we complied. Thus:

I made a triple decker carrot cake from scratch with a really yummy cream cheese frosting that was full of walnuts and coconut! It was goooood.

And the whole "baseball crown" idea originated from several cartoons depicting birthday parties with crowns. Avery helped me decorate a crown for Merrick to wear while he opened his presents. I think it will make a fun tradition.

4 comments:
That is so cute! I love that Avery was so excited about it.
That cake looks delicious...
Can I get your recipe? I've never made a carrot cake from scratch...
I had to laugh because it looks like we were both doing our husbands' birthday posts at the exact same time! I miss you! Hope you're all doing well.
Very fun! Aren't our husbands just big kids at heart anyway?
Post a Comment