I thought I’d share a little bit about myself today. I talk a lot about my girls. Not much about me – Vanessa. So here are ten things you may not already know about me. I tried to include some things about me from different aspects of my life since I know I have friends reading from high school, college, here in Wisconsin, family and my in-laws. :)
1. I love to be punctual. I detest being late to things. Merrick likes to be fashionably late sometimes but I’d like to be there a few minutes before anything starts. It stresses me out if I’m 10 minutes late to something, even though I know a lot of people will still be arriving. It’s been a little hard lately because it takes a long time to get Lily all packed up in her seat and Camryn has the terrible 3’s so she is not very cooperative sometimes when it comes to getting out the door fast. “Not yet, Mom!” But I’m managing ok. I like to be “there” on time. Wherever there is.
2. I come from a family of three girls, one boy, and a girl (5 kids total). Kind of makes sense when I look at my three girls. It’s just like what I remember from my childhood. Maybe our next one will be a boy?
3. I “waited” for Merrick. We met in our Freshman Ward 2 months before he left to go on his mission to Everett, Washington. It was the perfect amount of time to get to know one another but not so long that we were practically engaged or anything. We got to know each other by letters. We wrote every week of his mission until the last 6 months he said he wanted to stop writing to take the pressure off when he got home. I was still dating other people but always kept him in the back of my mind. We got engaged three months after he got home and married three months after that. Kinda crazy when we look back at it now, but hey we’re still happy so it worked out!
4. I make my own laundry detergent. I have been doing this for about a year and a half. It cost me about $10 the first time I made it and I have probably spent $4-5 total on laundry detergent in the past year and a half. Pretty great! And it works just fine. I make it about once every 2 months and it takes me about 15 minutes. I got the recipe here. Try it out!
5. I minored in French at BYU. Majored in History. The funny thing is that I don’t speak any French ever anymore. In fact, I barely scraped by in my advanced French classes. I was much better at writing/reading than I ever was at speaking. But at least I finished the minor. So if you ever need a French translator, don’t ask me!
6. I find myself testing out Facebook statuses in my mind throughout my day. Something happens to me and I think about how I would phrase it as a Facebook status. Lame, I know. 90% of the time I don’t post it but I think it’s kind of strange that I do that. Or maybe you do it too?
7. I loooove to read but strangely I have a really, really hard time starting new books. It’s not that I read a chapter or two and am uninterested. It’s that I often can’t make myself even crack open a book. When I do, I read the whole thing and usually enjoy the book. I think I don’t like starting new books because I know how sucked in I can get and how messy my house gets when I read a good book. :)
8. I am phone-ophobic. Is there such a thing? Probably not, but I don’t like calling people. I have no hesitation to call my mom or my sisters to chat, I don’t mind scheduling doctors appointments, etc. over the phone, and I don’t mind answering the phone, but when I have to ask someone to do something or a question, I put it off as long as I can. 9 times out of 10 I will email or text people instead. Drives Merrick crazy.
9. I am loving the blogging/pinterest culture of our day because I love trying new things. I love crafting, trying new recipes, sewing, and I feel like I’ve been able to learn so much just from mimicking other people's great ideas. A couple of my favorite sites are makeit-loveit.com, ourbestbites.com, melskitchencafe.com, etc.
10. I am a Mormon. My church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I have been a member all of my life. We are Christian and we study the Bible and the Book of Mormon. For more info, go to mormon.org.
Well hopefully you learned something interesting about me today! See you tomorrow!
2 comments:
Such a fun post.
And by the way, you're my hero for making your own laundry detergent.
Your my hero as well! I want to try your laundry soap and I did learn something new about you! I love your posts!
Post a Comment