25 September 2009

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society



I finished reading this book about a month ago and I thought it was excellent. I definitely wanted to recommend it on my blog because it was so fun and it seems to be popular among book clubs right now. The entire book is letters of correspondence, which is so delightful, and the characters are truly endearing. A young writer is searching for a book subject when she receives a letter from a man from Guernsey, an island in the English Channel. She becomes intruiged by the occupation of these islands by the Germans for five years during WWII and starts corresponding with these islanders to learn more. This was one of the most engaging books I've read in a while and I hope you enjoy it too!

Next up on my reading list: I just picked up Catching Fire (second book after Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins) from the libaray and I'm very excited to dive in!

No comments: