When I was little girl this was my favorite song to sing with my older sister Britney. It helped us learn how to spell everyone's names. I've been singing it to Avery for a while now but she recently learned how to sing it all the way through, spelling her own name. Here is my attempt at catching it on tape:
She missed the "A" a few times but you get the picture. Here are the actual lyrics in case you didn't make them out:
There was a girl who had a swing
And Avery was her name-o!
A-V-E-R-Y, A-V-E-R-Y, A-V-E-R-Y
And Avery was her name-o!
(Set to the tune of Bingo). You can change it to anyone's name. Isn't my little girl growing up?! This week she also drew an "A" for me without any prompting and was able to spell her name with some alphabet letters all by herself.
2 comments:
That is so cute! I always just sing it like old-fashioned BINGO, but I love this! I'll have to do this with Jaden.
P.S. - Did I ever add you to our blog? Let me know if I didn't. coraliestokes@hotmail.com
I love your updates!
Emily is really loving this "name-o" song right now, too. Avery sings it well!
Post a Comment